Sunday, June 1, 2008

Original?

I detest my propensity to doubt my own personal epiphany simply because the idea was spawned from someone else's.  Inside I wish to reject it, because I don't feel like the idea was wholly mine. Once again... in this way I am limiting myself.  The truth is, we live in a continuum of innovative ideas that don't always carry a name and face; an age of information sharing.  If something is genuinely a good idea for one person, then it is highly likely that it could be useful to someone else; specifically tailored to his or her condition.  I seem to be able to verbalize this, however time has proven that this knowledge doesn't translate into action in my case.  My inner pride desires sole ownership of the idea. Perhaps its a selfish mindset.  I've come to realize that I must defenestrate* this foolish notion, lest I greatly inhibit my scholarly and personal progress.

*thanks, Amanda ;)

No comments: